We recently examined key developments at the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) during 2019 and consider what to expect in the months ahead for an article in The D&O Diary.
“For public companies and securities practitioners alike, the decade ended with a bang, with changes to certain long-standing practices and several novel,” we explained in the article. We provided an in-depth review and takeaways from seven of the top highlights from the SEC last year, including:
- Proxy Advisory Firms Face Proposed Rules.
- Lessons Learned from the 2018-2019 Government Shutdown.
- Realignment of Division of Corporation Finance.
- FAST Act Updates.
- Shareholder Proposal Developments.
- Scrutiny of Non-GAAP Measures Continues.
- Continued Focus on ESG Matters.
The full article, “7 Key SEC Developments in 2019,” was published on February 25 by The D&O Diary and is available online.