Growing in popularity, special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs) continue to pique investor interest as an attractive mechanism through which a private company can raise growth capital and become a publicly traded entity. In 2020, the number of SPAC IPOs quadrupled from 2019 and 2021 is currently outpacing 2020 activity.
Please join Bass, Berry & Sims and Perella Weinberg Partners for a complimentary webinar exploring the ins and outs of the SPAC and de-SPAC process. Speakers cover the following topics:
- Overview of the SPAC market structure and trends.
- Advantages and disadvantages compared to a traditional IPO.
- Factors involved in the SPAC lifecycle.
- Potential PIPE considerations.
- De-SPAC transaction considerations.
Who Should Attend?
- Private company executives and directors considering capital raising and IPO alternatives.
- Private equity fund managers and portfolio company executives considering whether to become a SPAC sponsor and/or engage in a de-SPAC transaction as an exit strategy.
- In-house counsel at the above institutions.
- M&A advisors.
- Other interested professionals and advisors.
This program has been approved for one hour of General Tennessee CLE credit. Please provide your BPR number upon registration in order for Bass, Berry & Sims to report your participation to the Tennessee CLE Commission following the webinar.
Other State CLE
Bass, Berry & Sims does not seek direct accreditation from states outside of Tennessee, but some states allow attorneys to earn credit through reciprocity or self-submission. Certificates of completion and other common supporting documents will be provided for use in jurisdictions outside of Tennessee.
About the Bass, Berry & Sims Corporate & Securities Practice
Public and private companies of all sizes across a variety of industries turn to Bass, Berry & Sims for counsel on a wide range of corporate matters, including mergers, acquisitions and dispositions; capital markets transactions; executive compensation issues; corporate governance; and shareholder activism. We serve as primary corporate and securities counsel to more than 35 public companies and have counseled on 150 deals ranging in size from $20 million to more than $15 billion over the past two years. Click here to learn more about the Corporate & Securities Practice at Bass, Berry & Sims.