Growing in popularity, special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs) continue to pique investor interest as an attractive mechanism through which a private company can raise growth capital and become a publicly traded entity. In 2020, the number of SPAC IPOs quadrupled from 2019 and 2021 is currently outpacing 2020 activity.
Please join Bass, Berry & Sims and Perella Weinberg Partners on March 4 at 11 a.m. Central for a complimentary webinar exploring the ins and outs of the SPAC and de-SPAC process. Bass, Berry & Sims attorney Jay Knight will lead a discussion with panelists Scott Ellyson, CEO at EQ Health Acquisition Corp. and Nikhil Menon, Managing Director at Perella Weinberg Partners, as they share their first-hand experience with this type of transaction. Speakers will cover the following topics:
- Overview of the SPAC market structure and trends.
- Advantages and disadvantages compared to a traditional IPO.
- Factors involved in the SPAC lifecycle.
- Potential PIPE considerations.
- De-SPAC transaction considerations.
Who Should Attend?
- Private company executives and directors considering capital raising and IPO alternatives.
- Private equity fund managers and portfolio company executives considering whether to become a SPAC sponsor and/or engage in a de-SPAC transaction as an exit strategy.
- In-house counsel at the above institutions.
- M&A advisors.
- Other interested professionals and advisors.